The Hands-on Guide to Building Apps with Python
Includes PySide2 & PySide6 editions.
Ready to build your own apps?
In this book I'll show you how to create your own GUI applications in Python using the PySide library. Starting with a basic window on your desktop, we'll work up to more complicated applications.
I've been developing Python desktop applications for 8 years using Qt. It's a great way to create professional-looking and portable apps easily. I want to pass that knowledge on to you.
In 2021 the book was updated for Qt6. You will receive both the PySide2 and PySide6 editions of the book and any future updates.
— Martin Fitzpatrick
PySide2 & PySide6 books + Source Code ($19)
665 page ebook taking you from basic concepts through creating your first app, to more complex applications. Includes the following chapters —
- Creating your first Qt application
- Signals, Actions & Events
- Widgets, Layouts & Dialogs
- Designing apps with Qt Creator
- Model Views & Databases (SQL-linked widgets)
- Plotting with matplotlib & PyQtGraph
- Creating custom widgets & graphics
- Multithreaded Qt applications
- Packaging your applications for Windows, MacOS, Linux
Includes PDF and EPub formats.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.